Thursday, March 15, 2012

9 days left

wow, huh?
9 days left... and what a great bootcamp it has been, sorry for not being here in a long time, life has become busier with the change in temp it seems.
without looking back on these post i have no idea where i left off, so i guess i'll just break things down however.

i'll touch on a few things here, and then imma go back and stare at those little pieces of paper you see up top there... holy crap, i guess i'll start with that.

COMBOS:
for an old burn out like myself, remembering the 3 combos for each pretest was a challenge.
i feel i did OK.. but now i need to double that up, and remember all 6.
i didn't want to start them too early, i wanted them to be fresh in my head, so i just started concentrating heavy on them about a week and a half ago.
hitting the heavy bag, they're taped to my walls in the redneck barn, i set the timer and hit them,. and then i hold them for my invisible Thai friend.
this is something that will now be happening EVERY NIGHT FROM 10PM TO 11PM NIGHTLY.
sink or swim.

BEING A COLCHESTER STUDENT IN THIS PROCESS::
being a student in colchester has its advantages and disadvantages when it comes to the boot camp process, and this is something i would like to discuss with sensei mcshane and mister hesser when the test ends and the dust settles.
i love being a part  of the ABD team, and being a part of the COLCHESTER ABD team is something i am very proud of, and wouldn't have ever changed for anything, but...
..
after this ends, as either a black belt, or someone who came damn close, i would like to just use my experience to make it a better experience for future candidates from colchester.
and believe me, i understood going into this that the majority of the training would be on my own, it was laid out quite clearly in the bootcamp handbook. i guess it was just a little more that way for me. 

right now i would like to point out that i would NEVER had made it to this point without the help of two very cool friends i have in my ABD Colchester Family.
DRIZZLE: mike, who lended (lent?) me the thai heavy bag and thai pads for my barn. i would have been LOST without those things.
EVEREST: chris, who was my main training partner , who would come to the barn, bring floor pads, and we'd hold pads for each other. .in the freezing cold. ( 19 degrees one night lol )..whatever. what a great dude. we had some awesome redneck thai workouts out there, and again, i would have been lost without the help.


and ghost. not much i can say about my friend mike, other than, thanks my man,, you helped me more than you know. 


THE CAMERAS/ BLACKBELT BOOTCAMP VIDEO SERIES:
this was an amazing thing, if you ask me.
the cameras were never a distraction,,,
the videos were fun as hell to watch...
and helpful too.
i literally broke down all video of me, and watched it all in slow mo looking for areas to improve..... daily.
i still do.

overall:
i loved this whole test, and will miss it when its done.
i feel as though i have solidified friendships, and made my self a better person, in many ways.

that's it for now, i'll do more of these leading up to the test...

oh yeah, i feel alllll kinds of good, im strong, and healthy, woo!


No comments: