Monday, March 19, 2012

4 days... Giddy up.

Ok so , I'm in a good place mentally. Let's start with that. The first entry to this blog was a video where I basically let it be known that the biggest hurdle in my opinion would be mental. The buildup to this thing was insane. People talkin crazy... Blah blah. 
So, while usually i'm carefree, I was tight going in. Had NO idea what to expect, at all ,, not like most everyone else involved, except mike.

:)
This lasted 1 week.
I can honestly say I had a blast during this boot camp ... And I will forever hold on to the memories with a smile .
I figured out EARLY that I could do sooo much more than I would ever had previously expected simply by shutting my eyes , gritting down on my mouthpiece...and just putting in the work..
I kicked over chairs
I jumped over chairs
I ran 7 billion laps around the dojo mixing in sprawls,  burpees and bear crawls and stuff.. For a half hour.. And enjoyed every minute of it.
My big ass jumped over and squiggled under a rope ... Danced around that thing like bobby brown... Didn't love that so much, but love the fact that I DID it.
And so much more.
And made lifelong friends in the process, we now have a common bond.

I've always trained as hard as I could.
I committed to do that and open my mind to instruction and allow myself to get as much out of this technically and also in a zen type way as possible. Open my mind up a little.
and I can honestly say I got more out of this than I ever expected.. And that all is a major nod to sensei mcshane... Who truly is an awesome instructor.
So ...thank you sir.

I have gotten my combos down tight.
After Saturdays pop quiz , which I didn't do so well on... I worked them in my barn for 4 hours over the next 20 hours.
My intention all along was to tighten them up this week, and I have done so , actually ahead of schedule. Now I am working on my fine details as best as I can. I will practice holding them wed thurs and fri.
Don't worry I'm not making anyone look bad. Never did on a test and I'm not starting now ...
So yes.. I'm actually confident for this,, and why shouldn't I be?
I've busted my ass to get here.. And this is like my title shot.
I don't plan on walking out of there without that belt.
Both in a hypothetical and real sense.
Good luck everyone ,,  do your thing.
Thanks for the 600ish page hits too, that's kinda cool
. 

No comments: