Tuesday, February 21, 2012

pre- pretest 2 blog.


well, Saturday is pre-test #2.
i've gotten my hook basically under control, and am feeling pretty good leading into this one.
the first pre-test i had no idea what to expect... so naturally, that will contribute to your nerves.
master mcshane said there's gonna be no surprises, so i guess all i need to do is my best.
like coop says, that's become my mantra.
do my best.
i'm confident with the self defenses this time around, i know that not missing the Saturday class before the pretest this month really helped me.


my conditioning stands at this:
pushups: 50/50 chance i will pass this. 
leglifts: i should have no troubles, i will try to do all 80 straight. if not 70/10
squats: i should be able to complete the 80 straight.
running: i am not rebounding from sickness, so i should beat my time easily.






i feel as though by Saturday i should have my Thai combos down pat.
basically, i need to tighten up a few details, such as the teep, turning back-kick, teep string of kicks in Thai 10.
i also need to slow my hook down a little and make damn sure the elbows right.
and make sure my heels off the floor.
forever.


lets talk about last Saturday.
probably the most strenuous Saturday class yet for me. i think the whole jumping over then under the rope thing RIGHT OFF THE BAT beat me down pretty hard. some exercises i'm solid with and then some are definitely more challenging. again, being big presents its challenges. but i gave it 100% and didn't quit. and i recovered pretty well.


then we did our krav . the only one's i feel i need to work on are the headlocks on the ground ones, and mr hesser and i will work on them Wednesday after class.


we closed out saturday with the sickest challenge yet....
the DOJO 500.
running laps around the dojo floor, with exercises ( walk lunges, bear crawls, crab walks, burpees, push-ups, sprawls), sprints, and self defenses interspersed in.
for a half hour AT LEAST.
there were a couple times about half way in where i felt as though i couldn't go on, but then, .....and this is something i will always remember and appreciate....
my body kicked into this spot where i was just in a groove..... my left ankle was killing me,, i was a sweaty mess....
but , the feeling of nausea passed, and my breathing was steady...
and i could have kept going when it ended.
kind of an epiphany.....
cool stuff.  


granted, i was sore for 2 days, but i'm recovered now, and proud of myself and everyone who was there, we are an awesome group, i don't care what anyone says.


video blog to pop up later tonight... thanks again for dropping by.



















No comments: