Wednesday, February 15, 2012

just a thing.


the left hook.
as Master McShane rightfully points out, my left hook is off..
it has been from day one.
it dips, has a hitch...its mainly a mental thing.
if i can do it right once, i should be able to do it right every time,  riiiight?? and its not for a lack of trying...
i'm at a point where its frustrating me, and i'm over thinking it.
lets be honest, if i put that thing on you you're getting rocked.
right technique or wrong.
what's funny is...that's not my money punch, it NEVER has been, my left has always been my set-up for my right.
as a matter of fact, the loopy-ness of it helps open you up for my right cross quite nicely.
I've been working on tightening it up like crazy, though, because Master McShane has focused in on it, as he should.
it's technically off.
*shrug*
to be a black belt, it needs to be technically RIGHT....dammit.
the less uuumph i put on it, the better it looks, like most  all of my strikes, i'm learning.
so I'll continue to keep working on it.
alot.

No comments: