Sunday, January 29, 2012

Post pretest #1 thing

Test 1 is down and while I passed... I'm not happy with alot of stuff..
I'll break it down like this.


Muay Thai:
I felt as though I could have done better,
I tried to use pace and technique but in the end I just should have hit it harder.
I remembered the combos and only lost track a couple times, but next time that can't happen.
It is confusing though since 2 of the combos have spinning backfists.
According to the judges, I have less than awesome technique ..
Didn't get really any good feedback at all on that.


Krav maga:
I did well here.
Maybe because you can be more of a bully there, I don't know.
But I remembered all 14 self defenses, Did them strong..
Feel as though I did really well on the choke and weapon defenses..
And stood up on base everytime .
I have no idea what My score was


Calisthenics:
First off.. I failed the pushups.
I won't make excuses. It is what it is. Nothing will amp up the stress of Your leg lifts more than Failing the pushups...
my oh my.
I did leg lifts non stop and did them well
The squats were not a prob either
I ran
We'll leave it at that.
Starting this week I run every other day.
Im sure I'll beat my time.


Sparring:
There's really no suprise nobody likes my sparring since I'm a brawler and they don't want to see that. So
I will adapt and show them what they want. I'll touch on this later this week.


I can do better , always can.


Now, here's my thoughts on the day, overall.
I believe that as a group we were supportive , respectful, and worked well together. There was alot of intensity.
Things were said to us as a group that pissed me off.
I'll leave it at that.
But I'm a 40 year old man, and I show everyone a high level of respect.
I also believe that to get respect you have to give it.
My attitude will be different in there from now on.




I lost 7 #s in the last 2 weeks.


I can't post videos here because my laptop cord and battery are shot. I may post my videos on my face book for about a week.

No comments: