Thursday, January 26, 2012

week 3 breakdown... kinda literally

ok, so heres my past week in a nutshell.
i missed bootcamp last sunday.
that hurt.
it snowed saturday, and i felt REAL good saturday, but it snowed and bootcamp moved to sunday, and sometime around 3 am sunday morning , my body went back to that time we went to playa del carmen and i ate the ice cubes...
not good. i called mr hesser, and he called master mcshane , and it was wisely decided should keep my sick self to myself...
but that sucks.
i could have used the krav maga drill for sure... dammit man.

the family has been sick ever since, and as i type this, rach is on the couch with rhys, who has vomited 3x since 5pm.
its 10pm.
without details, i wish i had one of those zipup plastic hose down areas from the movie outbreak.
i couldnt really eat from sunday through wednesday evening. i lost all my momentum i built up, and ... pretty much had to start back at one.
but,i dropped some pounds, and that doesnt hurt.
i trained tuesday night at abd norwich., and basically worked combos in the back office... which i honestly sucked at, because ive been working the combos on the heavy bag, and was pretty shitty at holding the pads. not good.
on top of that i had REAL bad concentration because i hadnt been been eating or keeping my fluids down/in,, it was just a recipe for me to not be at my best.
i really appreciate ghost and angel for their patience.
then, master mcshane knocked on the door , and i walked out of the office...
and straight into,,,,,
into another dimension.
:O
holy crap.
the wave masters were set up , and ms fritz, angel, ghost and myself did a kicking drill, and all the class was in a big ol circle around us.
apparently, this is a norwich dojo tradition,,, thanks for the heads up!
*mean mugs EVERYONE...lol*
i went all out on it..
for about 8 seconds,,
and then...
well...
see photo at the top, y'all,.

wooo!
i dont even know how i didnt drop up in there., for real i wanted to pass out.

so, i spent the rest of the night beating myself up..even though i know it wasnt my fault.. i feel as though i probably looked like a jackass out there. i vowed to eat, and drink and pump myself up with some nutrients, and i also rehersed the combos in my head like mad from the HOLDERS side of things.
like i should have been doing all along, but..
maybe i thought master mcshane was going to hire an oompa loompa pad holding team or somethin',,,, i dont know...

i walked around my house air holding the pads all day long for my invisible thai friend ... went to class in colchester..with ghost... and now am very confident i will be fine.
trust me, you DO NOT WANT TO BE A BAD PAD HOLDER...
YOU WILL MAKE ENEMIES AND LOSE FRIENDS!!!!
so i wont be that guy dont worry.
i busted out 40 straight pushups, which is good for big ass me... about 45 leg lifts... and i can do squats for days... ,, so im getting strength back...
and after class... ghost, mr hesser and myself did ALOT of rounds...ALOt... and it felt good.
usually, i hit the pads like a gorilla on redbull.
not saturday..i will pace myself saturday.,. getting my power from technique,,,, and i will focus ALOT on my technique,... this test is going to be a marathon , so im not coming out sprinting.

so in short....
dont get sick
keep fed and hydrated
practice pad holding as much as striking
pace will be important... have a good mindset



aside from my workouts at the dojo i have been working my kettlebells...for strength and endurance.. my eliptical,,, and doing alot alot alot of visualization/repetition in my head of the thai combos.
so much, its crazy.
the krav maga is tough to work on your own, so i watch the videos nightly.
and pushups.
and leglifts.
and pushups.
also. i go to bed earlier...
so thats what i need to do now.
thanks to everyone for all the words of encouragement and advice, i need it all, and believe it or not, im not letting the pressure stress of this thing get to me ,.,, im still having fun, pretty proud of myself to have made it this far, and amazingly stoked to be apart of this group.


No comments: