Thursday, February 9, 2012

thoughts...

ok, so were into week,,, i think 6?
i am in a training groove right now.,,, i'm sore pretty much always, i've been stinkin up the house and the office with tiger balm... haha... but, when i get in the dojo, i feel strong. i'm at a point now that i'm going to go balls to the wall.. with as much technique as i can mix in.
its a tricky thing to figure out during this test.,
the balance of everything.
power
speed
technique


if i concentrate too much on one,the others suffer.
i find that i look my best when i do what i do best, and incorporate as much of the others as i can in.
make what i do best look better.
show improvements in the areas i need work in.
so what does that mean about me? i guess that means i need to go at it hard, and make it smoother, and show i know what details they are looking for.
power is my strong point.
i dont think i should abandon that. i think if i consciously reduce my power to show technique, its not me.
for 4 years i hit the pads hard.
i just need to hit them hard,,,,
better.
yanno?
if i go out, i'm going out the way i always trained...
150%,,, all in....
sweaty as hell,,,
and out of breath.




1 comment:

Dana Dane said...

Yeah. Honestly, when you first thought of doing this I think I thought it was just a thing, you know-like a hobby. Now that we reconnected I can't believe how HARD you went at it. But now that I think of it, how did I ever doubt you bro, you have it all, beautiful wife, 4 gorgeous boys, wonderful home, job. You made all your dreams come true. But where the fuck is Shooby???